Cycling betting is a form of online betting that allows punters to place bets on cycling races. It is a relatively new form of online betting. The first cycling race in an online sportsbook was the Tour de France in the 2000s. In the early days of cycling betting, most punters only had the option to bet on who would win the race.
However, cycling betting has become more sophisticated as cycling became popular. Now, punters can bet on various outcomes, including the number of laps completed by a particular cyclist and the winner of specific stages in a race.
Types of cycling bets
Punters can place different types of cycling bets. Here are the most types common cycling bets offered by most bookies:
- Individual race winner: This cycling bet allows punters to place a wager on who they believe will be the winner of an individual race.
- Top three finish: This cycling bet lets punters place a wager on which three cyclists they believe will finish in the top three spots.
- Sprint winner: Punters can place cycling bets on who they believe will be the winner of a cycling sprint.
- Best climber: Punters can place cycling bets on who they believe will be the best climber in a cycling race.
Cycling betting steps
To bet on cycling, punters should:
- Open an account with a reputable online sports bookie
- Look for cycling races that are taking place soon
- Read up on the cyclists who will be participating in the race
- Choose appropriate bet type, such as which cyclist they believe will win the race
- Enter the amount of money they would like to wager and complete the bet