Table tennis betting is a recent development. It was probably first considered a real possibility back in the nineties, but it wasn't until around the 2000s that table tennis betting became more common and accepted.
The growth of online sportsbooks has been instrumental to table tennis betting becoming so popular nowadays. In particular, this is because sports betting sites offer markets on all the important table tennis tournaments and many minor competitions.
How to bet on Table Tennis: steps to follow
The table tennis betting process is as simple as it is for any other sport. The first step is to sign up for a sportsbook and make a deposit. Once that has happened, a punter can;
- Choose a table tennis match to bet on
- Browse the table tennis betting markets and choose the bet they want to place
- Decide on how much money they want to risk on this particular wager
- Confirm the bet
What Table Tennis bets are available?
The range of table tennis bets is not huge compared to other sports, but there are still a few interesting markets to explore. The most popular bet by far is the match-winner market - who will win the match? There are also other bets, including the following:
- Totals: This betting market is available for almost all table tennis matches. It's a bet on the total number of points that will be scored in a table tennis match, and it can be either over or under the set total.
- Handicap: This type of bet is offered when one player is considered a favorite over the other. The handicap bet gives the underdog a head start to make the match more exciting and competitive for table tennis betting fans.